Pages

Friday, April 27, 2007

There's Gotta Be More To Life...

Routines. Day in. Day out.
We wake up with a plan, we go to sleep with one. On a subconscious level we all do it, yes, even me, the evasive one.... it's hard not to, even if the plan is to just laze about and not do anything....

There's got to be more to life than the monotonous cycles we live in. More to it than just you and me and work. It's not as simple, but there's got to be, there just has!

Is our existence as meaningless as we structure it? If it is, I don't see the point in continuing or standing in the sidelines waiting for something to affect our "lives".

4 comments:

Mary said...

I believe there is more to life than just "doing" and "having". I believe you won't find your purpose in life until you realize you weren't made for your own purpose, but for something greater. Do you believe in a higher power?

T. Tea. Tee. said...

I'm agnostic... I don't not believe, but I don't believe either... I get what you mean about greater purposes... but realistically speaking, great is subjective. we are a blip, actually, even smaller than a blip. The universe is humongous. Great is insignificant. If you mean, save starving people, and protect the innocent, or fight terror with terror, Life ends with death, death begins with eternity. its an endless cycle.

T. Tea. Tee. said...

what i mean is that life inevitably brings death, so does it really matter if I die now or after 80 years?

Mary said...

I read your comments on my blog and I wish you and I could sit down and have a cup of coffee to talk about all of this! You are a deep thinker and I admire that about you.

I understand what you mean about death being inevitable, regardless of what great things we do. When I said I think we were made for something greater, I mean God. I believe we were made for His purpose, not our own. When you live your life for Him, versus yourself, you are able to reflect His love and it brings so much meaning to life.

So you know what eternity is to me - there is a Heaven and a Hell. Heaven is living for eternity in the presence of God and Hell is living for eternity seperated from God. What is eternity to you?