Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Why are you doing this?

He's acting so weird.

He's hugging me, rubbing my arm and back in comfort. Before he'd cringe. He'd have died before he touched someone in comfort or let them comfort him.

I don't recognize him.

He asks me if he should change his plans because I asked him if he wanted to do something in the spur of the moment. When I said that it didn't matter, he gave me an alternative option. While not new a new trait, the extent to which he is going is new!

I don't recognize him.

He asked me to go on a walk with him. He NEVER wanted to go on a walk with me before. I'd asked him so many times!


Who is this person?


I don't want you to do me any favors. I don't want you to try to make it better because I'm leaving. I don't need that. I don't need you to be someone you're not. Not for me. I've wished you were different. But I've NEVER tried to change you. Not for me.

It hurts. So much worse than all those other lies.

Is it because He's been telling you what I've been telling him? Because I've been telling him how I'm hurting because of you. Is that why you're acting this way? Being this person I barely recognize?

Is it because you know I've been thinking so much about cutting you out of my life? Is that why?

Or is this just your way of saying goodbye before you cut me out of your life?

But in any case. Talk to me. Because more than all this bullshit touch-happy you, I want to know why. I want the real you. Because that is my best friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People change extremely when they think they are going to lose someone especially when they took them for granted!

Regardless of what someone says...everyone wants attention and maybe he realized he won't have your precious attention anymore and you are starting to be indifferent, therefore, he decided to do something about it now...

Again...he doesn't deserve you!