Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tell Me... (Painting Mumbai Red with Innocent Blood)

Silence gives way to the violent storm,
A premonition that its going to be worse than before,
Crimson stains the walls and the floor,
As people run for cover when the bombs begin to explode.

Tell me did you hear when I yelled?
Did you care when I bled?
Did you hear me pray to the same God?

Hatred fills the empty spaces
When we see them lying broken on the ground
With every bullet we drill the final nail
Into the coffin of love and peace, the things that started it all.

Tell me, did you see who I loved?
Did you love like I did?
Did you hear me cry for help?

Tell me did you care when you shot?
Did you have a purpose?
Or was it all for nothing?

You talk about peace and you talk about wrong
But all the while you hold that gun
You shoot the innocent
Pretending you're better than us.

Why?

1 comment:

Musings... said...

This is beautiful! Sad...really quite sad!